Mode of Operation:
The IS-1344 is designed to be a Portable Turnkey Incubation
and Hatching Facility. It is designed to be operational about
1/2 day after delivery to site. It provides Incubation and Hatching
for 1344 Ostrich Eggs set multistage (240 per week) or approximately
Equipment is shipped in pre-assembled shipping containers, for
easy handling and placement. Air conditioning and dehumidification
are sized to operate in a maximum environmental load of 110°F
and 80% RH.
The Mechanical Pull Out section contains the air-conditioning,
Eggs are brought in from the field to the Egg Receiving Room,
where they are cleaned, graded and stored. After storage the
eggs are gradually brought up to near incubation temperature.
They are then moved to one of the available spots in one of the
The dollies have built in egg rotation to 140°, and the eggs
can be candled in place. As the eggs approach full term the eggs
are then moved to the hatcher. Upon hatching chicks are moved
outside to a brooder.
SWING BEAM EGG ROTATION:
- The Swing Beam Egg Rotation system allows more free space
between the eggs, hence better air flow.
- There is full 140° rotation of the egg for proper nutriating
of the developing embryo.
- Each egg is firmly grasped with our unique egg cradle which
prevents eggs from bunching up together as is common in roller
type machines. It also provides 100% egg surface contact to the
- Eggs may be incubated either standing up or laying down depending
on user preference
- Individual air ports blow over each row of eggs, preventing
any stratifcation of air in the egg compartment.
- Re-circulation air and incoming are thoroughly blended in
the plenum chamber behind the egg compartment, preventing any
buildup of CO2 in the egg compartment.
- Air Flow is adjustable to allow for different incubating
conditions (may vary depending on number of eggs being incubated).